Can You Believe It?
rebarcampAtlanta was only one week ago… and we are already looking at the calendar to schedule next year’s event. Of course, there are a lot of weeks between now and then, but the date we are looking at right now to hold rebcATL2012 is…
October 18th, 2012
We have a lot of work to complete between now and then, including securing a venue and finding sponsors, as well as getting tickets out to the right people. There are also a lot of decisions to be made between now and then, including whether there will be as many free tickets as we’ve had available the last two years (well over half of the free ticketholders didn’t make it to the event… that makes it VERY tough to plan, as well as more expensive for our sponsors).
We have already started the conversation about what went well and what could be improved for next year. Nothing is off the table as far as what we could do to make the event better for the participants.
We would really love your input (whether you were a participant this year… or even if you got a ticket and then skipped the event, let us know why). That is how we can make each event better than the last.
Thank you all!
We just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those that made rebarcamp Atlanta happen today.
- Without sponsors, there would be no venue.
- Without attendees, there would be no sponsors.
- Without topic leaders, there would be nothing for the attendees to do.
- Without volunteers, there would be no rebarcamp.
Thank you to our generous and COOL sponsors.
- America Home Key Mortgages. They stepped up as out first sponsor. Click on their banner and learn more about them as a way to say thank you. If you need help getting one of your buyers financed, give AHK and Ken Cook a call.
- Atlanta Real Estate Forum. Carol Flammer is the power behind Atlanta Real Estate Forum. She has been a HUGE supporter of rebarcampAtlanta since the beginning. In addition to one of the most powerful platforms for builders and new home agents to get information out to home buyers, she also has a tremendous marketing company. Click on their logo to learn more.
- Xplode Atlanta. It is coming to Atlanta on December 1st. Fast paced and business focused. Matt Fagioli, one of the creators of REtechSouth is the push behind the Xplode series of conferences around the country. Matt and Lane were at the very first rebarcamp ever in San Francisco, and Matt has supported rebcATL from Day 1. If you don’t Xplode, you’ll just sit there.
And our volunteer sponsors made it happen…
- Carol Flammer (again) of AREF and Flammer Relations worked the registration desk and helped get everyone checked in all morning.
- Patty Keller of AnotherMe was at the desk, but was also very involved behind the scenes handling many of the day to day tasks to make the event happen.
- Tonya Cash stepped away from her duties with Atlanta Marketing Concepts to help behind the scenes as well as handle the check-in area all afternoon.
- Ken Cook from America Home Key was all over the place. In addition to helping the hard core Geeks, Ken was along for just about every step of the ride. He hosted planning sessions and kept them moving. He leveraged his contacts. Whether he admits it or not, rebcATL wouldn’t have happened without Ken’s hard work.
- Randy Barnes, the EZ Video Guy did the cool video showing how to get to the venue. He moderated topics all day. He provided candy and comic relief (the Donald Trump costume was great…). He also has an amazing set of contacts that he goes to.
- There are NUMEROUS others that helped behind the scenes, fostered discussions, provided great ideas and moral support. Without each and every one of them, the event just couldn’t happen.
I would like to extend my thanks to ALL of the folks that made rebarcamp Atlanta 2011 happen… and I don’t want to forget the attendees. Without them, everything else is pointless.
Last Day to Get Tickets Before the Price Goes Up…
Late Registration starts at Midnight tonight (October 26th, 2011). Until then, tickets are only $17.50. After Midnight, the price goes up to $25. There will be onsite registration available for $25 as well…
Don’t miss it, rebarcamp Atlanta 2011 is going to be a blast!
rebarcampAtlanta 2011 is in JUST 4 Days!
Don’t forget, rebarcampAtlanta 2011 is in just 4 days! We are working to make this event even better than last year.
We wanted to pass along a few reminders and a little about scheduling…
- Registration will open at 8:30am on Friday
- Opening remarks and a call for topics will run from about 9:00am until about 9:20.
- Topic sessions should start at about 9:30. We will have the first round of sessions pre-set. (We’ll be voting on the first round here).
- Each topic session will last about 50 minutes, with a 10 minute break between.
- Lunch will be from about 12:20 until 2:00. There are several places to eat VERY close to The Mansour Center… there will be maps. And if your company would like to advertise on the maps, we have spaces available.
- The afternoon topic sessions will kick off at 2:00.
- There will be a short wrap-up at about 4:50
There are still tickets available. Until Wednesday evening, they are only $17.50. After that, Late Registration will be available at the event for $25 (sorry, but we won’t be able to take credit card payments on site… we can take cash or checks at the event). There will be late registration tickets on the site after the regular tickets go off sale up until about the beginning of the event on Friday. They will be $26.61 to help cover EventBrite Fees.
As with most rebarcamps, we are actively looking for volunteers to lead topic sessions. You DON’T have to be “the expert” in order to lead a session. Rather, you can be a moderator/facilitator/curious sort and get the whole group involved.
There are also some sponsorship spots still open. email Lane@rebcatlanta.com if you are interested in becoming a sponsor. More sponsorship information is also available on out Sponsorship Page.
We can’t wait to see you!
- A simple case for REBarCamp (rebarcamp.com)
Don’t Let It Get Away…
rebcATL is starting in just over a week. And the regular tickets will only be available until next Wednesday. After that, only Late Registration will be allowed. Granted, at only $25 for late registration, it isn’t as bad as some other conferences… but that extra few bucks could buy lunch.
We are going to have a BLAST! In the next few days we will be putting together the first round of sessions… but after that, it will be WIDE OPEN. Any and every real estate related topic will be up for grabs. We can talk about technology, short sales, FaceBook, foreclosures, Twitter and guerrilla marketing. The only limit is YOUR imagination.
If you don’t already have your tickets, get over to the ticket page before you forget…
And if you are interested in sponsoring… we can work that out, too.
- A simple case for REBarCamp (rebarcamp.com)
- REBarCamp.com goes mobile (rebarcamp.com)
- RE BarCamp Goes virtual on November 17th (rebarcamp.com)
Call for Sponsors
We are getting close… rebarcamp Atlanta 2011 is only 3 weeks away! We still could really use some sponsors to defray the cost of the event, though. Check out our Sponsor Info to find out how YOU can sponsor rebarcamp.
There are opportunities to sponsor for as little as $150 for an agent or team, or $300 for a company.
We are also pretty close to the the time to get tickets… and we are running one last ticket special. This one will get you $5.00 off of the $17.50 ticket. Type ‘pick_me’ in the discount code box (without the quotes) on the Ticket Page to get the discount. This discount will only run until October 15th.
Don’t delay… it’s only 3 weeks away!
- whatEVAH (rebarcamp.com)
- A simple case for REBarCamp (rebarcamp.com)
- REPOST: The Truth of REBarCamp (areweconnected.com)
Randy’s COOL Video… How to get to rebcAtlanta
Randy has put together another great video… first telling us WHY we want to be at rebarcamp Atlanta, then showing us HOW to get there. It’s quick and easy… and he even got The Big Chicken in the directions.
Don’t delay. Get your tickets today!
rebcATL2011 Tickets are ONLY $10
I know… you’re bummed that you missed out on the free tickets… but think about it for a minute. How many amp’d up technology conferences can you go to for $10? I’m not talking about “teasers” where a vendor comes in and pretends to talk about how to dominate the market… when what they really mean is dominate the market if you buy my product for $999/year… and then get REALLY lucky. I’m talking about a no-punches pulled, knock-down, drag-out technology conference that leaves you with a head full full of amazing ideas.
- Inman Connect… What? Budget $2000 (airfare, hotel, $700 entry)
- REtechSouth… Expect to spend $100+
- Agent reBoot… it’s not in the same league…
I haven’t been to Agent reBoot, but I have been to Inman Connect in San Francisco. In fact, the very first rebarcamp was held the day before Connect. I got more from 6 hours at rebc than I did the next couple of days of Connect. And I got a LOT out of Connect. REtechSouth is an AMAZING event… I’ve been every year, and I will do everything I can to keep going every year.
But the thing that is different about rebarcamp is that YOU get to drive the agenda. We will seed the morning with a few pre-planned sessions, but the rest of the day will be sessions that are decided by, and even moderated by attendees. And those sessions could range from better ways to handle short sales to better ways to convert readers to buyers and sellers on your website.
So, that $10 isn’t looking so bad anymore, is it? Don’t wait, because the ticket price will be going up again before you know it…
Don’t Miss Your Free Ticket…
From the time this posted (a little after 11:00pm on Wednesday, August 31st), there is less than 25 hours to the Free Ticket deadline…
After that, the tickets will still be an awesome deal at $10… but that won’t last, either. In a few weeks prices go up to $17.50. Late registration will be $25.
Of course, rebarcamps are a deal at almost any price.
See you there.
Get your FREE rebcATL2011 Ticket
A couple of weeks ago we announced the date and venue for the 2011 rebarcamp Atlanta. We also put tickets on EventBrite. Today we added a ticket box to this website. So now you don’t even have to go over to EventBrite to get tickets. Just click the ‘tickets’ link at the top of the page. It will take you to the ticket box.
There is a limit on how many tickets we’ll give away for free… and then the price goes to $10 (that is the Almost Early Bird rate). So, get your FREE ticket before September 1st, or before we run out of the free ones. After September 30th, ticket prices go up to $17.50, if there are still any slots available. We will also offer late registration at a higher price if there are any spaces available.
After you get your ticket, share that you are coming on our FaceBook Page. Tell us what you’d like to talk about, learn or share at this year’s rebcATL.